Sunday, July 3, 2011

June 27, 2011






























These pictures are of my companion (Homana Lara) and me at our last Zone Conference. One is of the recent baptism that we had. The one without the tie is the one getting baptized. His name is Ramiro Marquez. One if of me with the mission president and his wife.(President Northcutt and Hermana Northcutt). They are actually leaving this week for their house and we will be getting a new mission president this Thursday. It is a little exciting we will see what happens. One is my whole zone here in PalpalĂ , with President Northcutt and his wife. I am sitting next to my comp. on the very end.

Everything is going well. It is just me and my comp in our apartment. It is small, perfect for just two. We have hot water thank goodness, but we have to put it in this thing in the wall and plug the thing in so that the water will heat. So we have hot water but we have to be careful because we only have so much until it goes out. Which it is not very hard to heat up more water it just takes a while. The apartment is really cute, it has a balcony. I will send you pictures next week. I really like it. We live above this little store that sells just about everything, although not everything just a wide spectrums of things. The area is beautiful, with sunflowers almost everywhere. It is really cool reminds me of grandma`s house. The people are wonderful. Our church is really small. The sacrament room functions as RS room Priesthood room and Gospel Doctrine as well. The ward is small but close. I love it. It is really cold right now. We have a small heater for our house. But it only works really well when we are in our room with the beds and the door closed to keep in the heat. It works. I am really grateful to be here. It feels like home, although I could do with a little bit of Arizona Heat.

We walk a lot. Our area is pretty big especially for just 2 hermanas. We make do. We were walking to a part of our area on Saturday and it had been raining all morning and I slipped and fell onto the ground. It was a little funny. My coat got a little dirty but that is alright. Everything is going great. Tonight we have a Family Home evening scheduled in the house of a member with Ramiro who just got baptized on sat. It will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment