Sunday, July 3, 2011

Answers to questions

I am currently in a little town called Palpalá Salta Province, Argentina. It is really beautiful. I am truly enjoying my time here.

I am doing absolutely great. I am currently with my 4th companion in my 3rd Area. My companion´s name is Hermana Lara and she is from Nicaragua. She only speaks Spanish. So my language skills keep improving every day. I am actually doing alright with Spanish. I can understand what is being said most of the time. And I can at least get my point across when I am speaking with people. I am truly enjoying everything about the mission. You learn how to forget yourself and just go to work. If you are truly lucky you can see someone actually get baptized. Being here has changed my perspective on life. The gospel means a lot more to me now. I can see myself growing closer to what the Lord wants me to be. HE gives me the strength to give my all every day. Argentina is absolutely fabulous. I really love it here. It is currently really green and beautiful. But it is actually really cold right now. It is winter here and will just keep getting colder. The scenery is beautiful and the people as well. It is really cool here. The culture is different but not different at the same time. Family is really important and whole families can live together in one house or like a big lot of land with 2 or 3 houses on it. It makes work a little easier sometimes and a little harder other times. But it is really worth it. Thank you so much for all your letters. They were truly appreciated. It was really great to be able to know that I am remembered. It gives me strength to keep going. Never forget how much joy, and peace this gospel can bring. It is truly the work of the Lord. Try sharing that gift that God has given you with others. you might be surprised at how many people will listen when they understand what this gospel brings.

Thank you so much.

Hermana Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment